Tuesday, September 5, 2023

Ibanez RG550 LTD, MIJ 1997, HSS

(Use the Contact Form on the right side to email me >> )

850,00 Euros

plus shipping: 30€ to France, 40€ to the European Union/UK and 85€ to USA/Canada

 

Hello you all!
This is my personal customised RG550 LTD from 1997. Over time I chose it, being a pickguard model, to do a HSS configuration since I didn't had a single coil guitar.

If you like pristine finishes this is not for you; the poly finish has cracked over the years, and it shows, a lot. Being a guy into relic stuff, I love it. In fact it has been my most played guitar this last 2 years, since the mod was done.

Features, a Dimarzio PAF Pro in the bridge, Fender Yosemite Alnico IV RWRP in the middle, and a Fender American Standard neck pickup in the neck position. Allparts CTS no-load 500k tone pot and CTS audio taper pot in the volume position, along with an original 5-way switch from Fender too. Frets are in very good shape, no buzzing, it was a very good deal, and believe me, I've had a lot of Japanese RGs since my 30's.

The guitar has a low playing action, no tuning or tremolo issues, as all my other RGs, and it was wired by Christophe at MDS Audio. There's a lower volume playing in position 4, neck-middle position, some say it's normal. I don't know, but Christophe has been wiring my guitars since I arrived in France in 2012, no worries until this day. Before I forget: NO TREMOLO BAR included, sorry folks. You can buy one at Fred's Guitar Parts, etc, without having to rob a bank.

I decided to sell it, with regret still, because I need funds to review all the electronics on my RGT220 that's driving me crazy with this hum noise, but also, I want to finally build myself a relic Telecaster with a body I have been keeping since 2020, that looks awesome, and I already have the Ritchie Kotzen Dimarzio combo I have bought at a very good price!! Very excited about it!

God bless!